Cleaners work to ensure that public or private spaces are kept neat, tidy, and sanitary. They use a variety of equipment and cleaning supplies in order to ensure that their job is done effectively. Cleaners may work in all kinds of different settings, including hospitals, hotels, restaurants, schools, office buildings, and more. They do everything from mop floors and wash windows to sanitize surgical areas and food prep spaces.
We are looking to hire an attentive Cleaner to join our team. In this position, you will be required to dust surfaces, vacuum and mop floors, and clean windows. The Cleaner should also be able to remove stains from various surfaces. Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
To be successful as a Cleaner, you should be able to complete assigned tasks within the stipulated period. Ultimately, a top-performing Cleaner should be physically fit and able to perform with minimal supervision.
A high school diploma is generally the only education required for a cleaner. It’s usually more important that candidates can demonstrate strong time management skills, attention to detail, and are able to pass a background check. Candidates should also have a basic understanding of cleaning best practices, or the ability to learn quickly.
Job Organization: Brampton Family Lawyers
Job Location: Brampton, Ontario
- Full time
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Morning
$16.00 hourly for 35 hours per week
No degree, certificate, or diploma
- Wash windows, walls, and ceilings
- Vacuum carpeting, area rugs, draperies, and upholstered furniture
- Pick up debris and empty trash containers
- Handle and report lost and found items
- Dust furniture
- Disinfect operating rooms and other areas
- Distribute clean towels and toiletries
- Make beds and change sheets
- Sweep, mop, wash, and polish floors
- Clean, disinfect, and polish kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances
- Take inventory of cleaning supplies and materials and order more as needed
- Inform the maintenance manager of anything that is broken or not functioning correctly so that the issue is resolved promptly
- A high school diploma or equivalent is advantageous.
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- Able to use a variety of cleaning products and equipment.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Able to complete tasks on time with minimal supervision.
- Available to work mornings and evenings, plus weekends, as needed.
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Students, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
This job advert will be valid until the 20th of March 2021
Method of Application
The method of application is via email