Are you a cable installer and you wish to work in Canada? You have a great opportunity to apply for a vacant position listed at VistaCare Communications. As a cable installer, your duty will be to help install, repair, and maintain a wired telecommunication system.
To work in Canada, you also need to meet the necessary requirements to live and work in Canada first as a temporary resident and with time you can apply for a permanent work permit. You also need some certifications to enable you to work as a professional cable installer in Canada. You will be required to:
- Have some education, at least a secondary school education.
- Undergo a two-year apprenticeship or another barber program is usually required.
- You are also required to possess the following skills customer service skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work without supervision.
- You will also need a valid state driver’s license because you will drive around a lot.
- Some provinces also require that you are certified by a regulatory authority before you can commence work.
- If you live outside of Canada, you may be required to show proof of working experience of not less than three years.
- You must also be eligible to work in Canada and be admissible.
Below we have listed a job opening for serious applicants, you can start applying for the position now to secure the job and then apply for your work visa
Location: Ottawa, ON
Salary: $16.00 to $26.00HOUR hourly for 40 to 50 hours per week
Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time, Day, Overtime
Start date: Starts as soon as possible
Benefits: Disability Benefits, Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, Vision Care Benefits
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Workplace: Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate; First Aid Certificate
Experience: Experience an asset
Test equipment to locate transmission faults; Splice, join, and connect wires; Inspect and test trunking systems; Determine nature, cause, and location of trouble; Install and maintain aerial and underground telephone equipment
Major Work Area
Equipment and Machinery Experience
Fibre optics; Coaxial line
Complete and maintain test and service reports; Read and interpret blueprints; Climb and work aloft on poles, ladders or other support structures
Work Setting: Telecommunications company
Security and Safety: Criminal record check
Work Site Environment: Confined spaces; Outdoors; At heights
Vehicle supplied by employer; Willing to travel; Willing to travel for extended periods; Valid driver’s licence; Travel expenses paid by employer
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Ability to distinguish between colors; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Tight deadlines
Work Location Information
Rural area; Urban area; Various locations
Flexibility; Judgement; Reliability; Organized