Helpers–Production Workers : Help production workers by performing duties requiring less skill. Duties include supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment.
- Location: 5800 Rue MAurice-Cullen Laval, QCH7C 2V1
- Salary: $14.25HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 3 vacancies
Responsible for assisting with the production process in factories. Moves carts and dollies with items on them, unloads trucks and boxes, and loads pieces onto conveyor belts. Assists in cleanup.
- Start up and stop equipment.
- Assist with production line in factories.
- Clean production area.
- Sweep, mop, and remove debris.
- Load and unload items from machines, carts, and dollies.
- Feed or place items onto equipment for processing.
- Lubricate equipment.
- Measure and pour ingredients.
- Ensure conformance to specifications.
- Turn valves to regulate flow of liquids or gas.
- Mix ingredients.
- Pull damaged or ineffective equipment off the line.
- Mark parts for identification.
- Measure length of extruded article.
- Place equipment on conveyor belt for further processing.
- Remove product and machine attachments.
- Scrape waste material from machine.
- Read and interpret gauges.
- Record data.
- Load and unload processing equipment.
- Ship finished products.
- Pour materials into machine hopper.
- Take instructions from supervisors.
No degree, certificate or diploma
1 to less than 7 months
- Specific Skills
- Clean machines and immediate work areas
- Check products and packaging for basic quality defects
- Transport raw materials, finished products and packaging materials
- Measure and dump ingredients into hoppers of mixing and grinding machines
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Work Setting
- Meat processing and/or packing plant/establishment
- Work Site Environment
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling;
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Reliability;
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying: