Apply pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizer to crops and livestock; plant, maintain, and harvest food crops; and tend livestock and poultry. Repair farm buildings and fences. Duties may include: operating milking machines and other dairy processing equipment; supervising seasonal help; irrigating crops; and hauling livestock products to market.
- Location46707 Bailey Road
Chilliwack, BCV2R 4S8
- Salary:$15.20HOUR hourly for 32 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- To be determined
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
Job Duties and Tasks for Farmworker
1) Record information about crops, such as pesticide use, yields, or costs.
2) Repair and maintain farm vehicles, implements, and mechanical equipment.
3) Dig and plant seeds, or transplant seedlings by hand.
4) Harvest fruits and vegetables by hand.
5) Identify plants, pests, and weeds to determine the selection and application of pesticides and fertilizers.
6) Inform farmers or farm managers of crop progress.
7) Load agricultural products into trucks, and drive trucks to market or storage facilities.
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Specific Skills
- Plant, cultivate and irrigate crops
- Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- Harvest crops
- Fertilize and spray crops
- Examine produce for quality and prepare for market
- Specific Skills – Field Crops
- Hoeing crops
- Type of Crops
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks; Physically demanding; Hand-eye co-ordination; Combination of sitting, standing, walking;
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply