A Delivery Driver, or Courier, is responsible for delivering products to customers, like groceries, take-out or mail. Their main duties include driving a delivery vehicle, delivering items in a timely manner, and communicating with both customers and the central dispatch unit. Here are some tips to writing an effective Delivery Driver job description that will attract the top candidates.
- LocationEdmonton, AB
- Salary $23.00HOUR hourly for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
Part time leading to full time
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Morning
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
What does a Delivery Driver do?
A Delivery Driver is responsible for transporting goods by car, truck, van, or other delivery vehicle. They are responsible for inspecting their delivery vehicle, verifying shipments, and loading and unloading goods to be transported. In some cases, like delivering furniture, the Delivery Driver may be required to install the items delivered.
The Delivery Driver is also responsible for keeping detailed records of their deliveries, mileage, fuel costs, and any issues with the items being delivered. They may have to communicate with the buyer to schedule delivery, or keep in contact with the central dispatch unit to keep them updated on delivery details.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Pay and receive payments for goods
- Load and unload goods
- Use maps and other trip planning aids
- Operate and drive automobiles, vans and light trucks to pick up and deliver various items and products
- Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract);
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Cellular phone;
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own vehicle; Valid driver’s licence;
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Team player; Client focus; Reliability; Organized;
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply