General farm workers plant, cultivate and harvest crops, raise livestock and poultry and maintain and repair farm equipment and buildings.
- LocationThornbury, ON
- Salary $15.00HOUR hourly for 40 to 56 hours per week
- Terms of employmentSeasonal employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
- Start dateStart date 2022-08-01
- vacancies7 vacancies
- Source Job Bank #2019430
General farm workers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Plant, fertilize, cultivate, spray, irrigate and harvest crops
- Feed and tend livestock and poultry
- Milk cows
- Perform or assist in performing breeding activities of farm animals
- Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- Follow food safety and security and animal bio-security procedures
- Detect disease and health problems in crops, livestock and poultry
- Examine produce for quality and prepare for market
- Set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns, pens and chicken coops
- Maintain or assist in the maintenance of facilities and farm infrastructure including cleaning stables, barns, barnyards and pens.
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Specific Skills
- Harvest crops
- Type of Crops
- Work Site Environment
- Outdoors; At heights; Wet/damp; Hot; Cold/refrigerated;
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Ability to distinguish between colours; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling;
- Work Location Information
- Rural area; Relocation costs not covered by employer;
- Personal Suitability
- Flexibility; Team player;
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
027469 30TH SR suite rr1
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying: