A heavy duty cleaner is generally responsible for heavy cleaning work including the cleaning of all hard floor surfaces, the cleaning of all surfaces that must be reached by ladder or scaffolding and the collection and removal of garbage from drop points to a garbage bin or compactor.
- Location984 SHOPPERS ROW
Campbell River, BCV9W 2C5
- Salary$$16.00HOUR hourly for 4 to 5 hours per week
- Terms of employmentCasual employment
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
Dry mops, wet mop (wash/scrub) and polishes hard surface floors. The washing/scrubbing of floors is done with hand held or walk behind buffing machines. In large open applications, automatic equipment may be used to perform these functions. Strips and finishes hard surface floors manually or with power equipment when required. Transports garbage from drop points to garbage bins or compactor. The heavy duty cleaner will operate the compactor and will be responsible for cleaning the compactor at regular intervals. Transports maintenance machinery, where necessary, between floors and job sites. Cleans glass areas requiring ladders, scaffolding or other extension equipment to reach. Cleans washroom floors including washing, stripping and finishing. Cleans stairwells and elevator cabs where ladders are required. Changes garbage bins as required sanitizing bin as per scope Other duties that management may assign.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
1 to less than 7 months
- Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Work Setting
- Office building
- Commercial building
- Equipment Operated/Used
- Steam cleaners
- Industrial vacuum cleaners/power sweepers
- Carpet cleaning machine
- Janitors, Caretakers and Building Superintendents Specific Skills
- Clean and disinfect bathrooms and fixtures
- Sweep, mop, scrub and wax hallways, floors and stairs
- Empty trash cans and other waste containers
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check;
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding; Bending, crouching, kneeling;
- Personal Suitability
- Dependability; Reliability; Organized;
Jobs for Ukraine
This employer wants to support Ukrainian nationals in Canada with a job.
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
984 SHOPPERS ROW
CAMBELL RIVER, BC
V9W 2C5 Between 11:00 AM and 02:00 PM