An Assistant Cook, or Assistant Chef ensures the kitchen is orderly and assists Cooks to prepare and arrange food. Their duties include cleaning the kitchen area, washing dishes and utensils and ensuring that the Cook has everything required to run the kitchen efficiently.
- LocationBurnaby, BC
- Salary$$16.00 to $18.00HOUR hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
2 years to less than 3 years
- Specific Skills
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Organize and manage buffets and banquets
- Manage kitchen operations
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Cuisine Specialties
- East Indian
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Standing for extended periods;
- Personal Suitability
- Team player; Dependability; Reliability; Organized;
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
7585 6th st.
Burnaby , BC
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- Cover letter
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying: