• Sun. Dec 4th, 2022

naijbazeent

Top Notch Entertainment

Manchester City no longer paying Benjamin Mendy’s wages after he was charged with a string of sex offences

Nov 9, 2022

Manchester City is no longer paying Benjamin Mendy’s wages of more than £100,000 a week — after the defender was charged with a string of sex offences.

 

According to Mail Online, the Premier League club stopped paying Benjamin Mendy’s wages last year, when charges against him were confirmed. 

 

The French World Cup winner told Chester Crown Court on Tuesday November 8, that the champions withdrew his salary in September 2021.

 

Mendy denies seven counts of rape, one of attempted rape and one of sexual assault against six women. The 28-year-old told the court he had re-evaluated his life decisions during four months on remand.

 

Prosecutor Timothy Cray KC showed CCTV footage from outside Mendy’s Cheshire mansion after the player had been at Manchester’s Chinawhite nightclub. Mendy is accused of rape at his home that evening.

 

Cray said to Mendy he could ‘make a mistake’ about consent after drinking and the defendant replied: ‘No, what I saw and felt was consensual. I had sex with some women I didn’t know.’

 

Cray told Mendy he was lying to ‘save himself’ and he replied: ‘No.’ The trial continues.